The Interfacial Shear Strength module (IFSS) is an interchangeable module for the Dia‑Stron LEX820, used to measure the debonding force of micro-droplets on single fibres and filaments. The camera and light source enable users to visualise the fibre/droplet during the test and capture the mode of failure in video and still images. The IFSS method can be applied to various fibre and filament types: glass, carbon, ceramic, aramid, basalt or natural fibres.
- Detailed interfacial shear data
- Image calibration and droplet measurements
- High speed video and image capture via USB connection
- High positional repeatability and accurate speed control
- Adjustable magnification (10 – 220x) and built-in polarisation